About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- SCB Kuala Lumpur Derivatives Documentation hub covers a large array of Derivatives products ranging from FX Derivatives, Commodities, FX Options, Interest Rate Products, Credit Derivatives and Structured Notes.
- The department is currently supported by about 100 team members across the Documentation Outbound and Inbound teams with varied experience and different cultural backgrounds. The continuous growth to support an increasingly demanding business within an ever changing environment, has resulted in a dynamic and enthusiastic team thriving for excellence.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Producing transaction documentation (i.e. drafting and review of confirmations) for vanilla and complex OTC derivatives transactions supporting all global regions within the Derivatives Outbound team
- Management of production workflow, ensuring all outgoing confirmations are issued to clients within the Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop positive working relationships with the various internal stakeholders (Middle Office, Front Office, Legal and Client Coverage teams)
- Responding quickly and efficiently to Front Office and Client Queries and solving their problems in a professional, timely and efficient manner
- Management of operational risks within the daily BAU processes
- Assist in production of various reports to be presented to Senior Management
- Involvement with project initiatives to improve Documentation platforms
- Monitor various systems to identify exceptional cases and perform investigation
- Continually seeking new opportunities for improvement for personal and professional development within the team and across the bank
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Banking, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management background
- Knowledge of Financial Derivatives (FX, Non-Deliverable Forwards, Options, Interest rates, Commodities or Credit) products
- Ideally have 4-5/5-6 years experience in a transaction documentation environment preferably covering FX or Derivatives transactions
- Knowledge of ISDA terminology and definitions preferable
- Flexible to work in shifts supporting different time zones (Asia, UK or US)
- Flexible to work on public holidays and weekends if required (replacement leave is given)
- Possess strong communication and inter-personal relationship skills
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written)
- Excellent PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, VBA Skills
- Methodical and logical approach
- Numerical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Chinese speaking, reading and writing is a must
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.