About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Contribute to the development of risk parameters for CCIB MALAYSIA portfolio according to Risk Tolerance and Policy Frameworks and documents in portfolio standards.
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Contribute to the development of performance management and remuneration processes, in order to encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
- Align strategy of the Risk function with business strategy and risk appetite and oversee its execution.
- Identify, measure and monitor material risk affecting CCIB MALAYSIA portfolios in the context of the external market environment.
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Risk function.
- Maintain and develop the risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Control portfolio within the set risk parameters to ensure risk profile within risk tolerances.
- Ensure credit approvals are within delegated authorities.
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Risk function is the identified first line process owner.
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Risk function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the risk management processes.
- Assess the credit risk profile of the CCIB MALAYSIA portfolios, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
- Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications.
- Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible scenarios.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite.
- Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to SCM, CCIB MALAYSIA attention.
- Exercise risk control responsibility for Credit Risk for CCIB MALAYSIA portfolios.
- Ensure risk capabilities are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees and to Group and business-level committees as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate judgment is applied in the discharge of risk authorities assigned to the jobholder, taking account of concentration risk across sectors, geographies and markets.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate risk control parameters across the Business, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the risk profile in line with the Group's risk appetite.
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of the business controls and compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Maintain delegated authorities in line with internal policies and ensure that delegations are in line with individual capabilities.
- Actively participate in key committees through standing membership.
- Ensure first line process owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators.
- Align the strategy of the risk function with business strategy and risk appetite and oversee its execution.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- These activities are covered under the &ldquorisk management section above.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealing with Local Regulators.
- Country Client Coverage Head, Country Segment Heads and Senior Bankers
- Head Group and Country Audit as applicable
- Country Head GSAM
- Country Chief Executive Officer
- Country Head Legal
- County Head Compliance
- Chief Credit Officer, ASEAN
- Regional Chief Risk Officer, Asia
- Specialised Finance Credit Officers
- MTCR Risk Managers
- Economic and Industry Associations
- The Group&rsquos external Auditors and Consultants
- Counterparts in major financial institutions
- Auditors/Government regulators
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in CCIB MALAYSIA Credit team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Market knowledge: 0 years of experience in the banking industry including demonstrated success in a similar role
- Risk Management and Control: Demonstrated track record in successful management and ability to manage risk in geographically dispersed and highly varied product base. Expertise in process design and control.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operated and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Role specific training which are mandatory and developmental
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Risk Management Framework
- Core Credit Curriculum
- Other training as deemed mandatory by the bank and updated on a periodic basis
- Risk Management C & I Credit Risk
- Risk Management Operational
Visit our careers website