Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF.
Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
Part of the GDS strategy, BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL) is one of the established Digital Hub for APAC region.
Order Management Solutions creates, delivers, and runs digital applications for users managing sales & distribution activities in the movement of goods between BASF divisions and end-customers. Working agilely, we enable functionality of core systems & processes. We partner and consult with stakeholders to innovate solutions proactively across multiple technology platforms to anticipate future needs.
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that is end-to-end accountable for developing the CS Cockpit and other Fiori Applications within Order Management (SAP SD, OTC).
The DevOps Engineer will be part of the product team Customer Service Cockpit & Fiori. The product has the vision to offer an integrated platform, incl. Fiori apps, machine learning and interactive bots to enable efficient handling of orders and providing full order transparency from creation to delivery. The team is responsible for development and operations of the respective SAP applications. The senior DevOps engineer will be part of the Scrum development team and work on backlog items in a self-organized way.
- Design possible technical solutions in coordination with other DevOps engineers and internal business partners within BASF.
- Implement the technical solution using e.g. OData Services, Fiori and HANA
- Collaborate with internal BASF customers
- Maintain technical documentations
- Support ongoing activities related to the applications in scope. Work on tickets that cannot be solved by the first level support. This comprises analysis of the issues, implementation of solutions, instruction, and training of the affected user.
- Support change requests / projects with effort estimations
- Active participation in Scrum events proactive, self-organized pulling of tasks from an agile backlog
- Support of the BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
- Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
Required skills / experience
- Minimum 4 years related working experience with software development
- Working experience with Data Integration Technologies (e.g. Kafka)
- Working experience with Software Architecture and Cloud Technologies
- Working in an international environment, very good English language skills
- Agile mindset, self-organized way of working.
Desired skills / experience
- Working experience with OData Services, SAP Fiori
- Good knowledge of ABAP, ABAP OO
- Functional knowledge of SAP SD processes
- Experience with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with S/4 HANA
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.