About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Provide management oversight of the GBS FM Operations client digital channels function in Malaysia . The role is responsible for translating the FMO client and operational priorities into the digital strategy by collaborating with senior FMO and FM leaders with the end goal of deploying innovative solutions and onboarding new and existing FM Operations clients to these solutions. This role will build out the FM Operations strategy that delivers improved user experience, increased operational capacity and STP through well-defined customer journeys.Strategy
- Strong understanding of the wider FMO, FM and CCIB client and digital strategy
- Responsible for leading the FMO Client Channels India team, defining and driving the overall strategy of the function in addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the team
- Establish an efficient, professional and effective channels onboarding approach and function to onboard new and existing clients to all appropriate post trade solutions
- Digitize the entire scope of FM Operations post trade client touch points with emphasis on improving the customers experience
- Continue to improve our digital presence and leverage the banks Digital Network
- Leverage data/analytics to track against business priorities and identify new opportunities
- Developing long term plans to sustain and support the business
- Collaborating and coordinating with all the FM Operations teams to identify potentially new channels solutions, broadening the adoption of existing solutions and engaging clients through the onboarding and digital conversion processes
- Collaborating with the business, operations and technology teams to develop and deliver the digital roadmap, required new initiatives and alignment to the wider digital strategy and relevant platforms.
- Digitize the entire scope of FM Operations post trade client touch points with emphasis on improving client journeys.
- Leverage data/analytics to track against business priorities and identify new opportunities.
People and Talent
- Manage the GBS FM Operations post trade (allocations, confirmations, settlement instructions, margin interactions, reporting) digital channels solutions client onboarding
- Identify and drive digital channels client adoption across CIB leveraging data analytics to drive priorities.
- Develop, implement and promote new digital services leveraging the SCB Straight2Bank platform and technologies
- Manage the production of client valuation statements and look for digital solutions to remove manual effort
- Formalise and agree the GBS target operating model, including the completion of Process mapping, Control Models, Department Operating Instructions, Capacity Modelling, Capability assessment for organisation design
- Develop an approach working with the technology and business teams to adopt best practice in digital channel management
- Ensure participation in global industry forums on topics relevant to the function
- Build and develop a high performing team to support the client onboarding function
- Implement and support a follow the sun processing model between locations - KL and India
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
- Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Play a key role in developing talent within the line
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks across all functional areas of accountability
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them and ensure you take reasonable steps in managing them
- Execute your risk and control responsibilities as both a Process and Failure Point Owner
- Ensure that risks are identified, assessed and managed (including escalation and mitigation) in line with the Banks policies
- With Country/Group/GBS stakeholders, maintain a strong and appropriate control environment across the relevant business
- Ensure identified control testing defects are resolved, including identification of root causes and any associated process changes required to minimise the probability of process failures
- Ensure operational incidents (losses or near misses) are logged in accordance with relevant polices
- Ensure root causes reports relating to operational incidents are completed in line with the Banks policies including meeting of all reporting time lines. This includes the implementation of any appropriate process and control changes to minimise the probability of a re-occurrence
- Ensure Country/Group/GBS Residual Risk is completed to the appropriate scope, quality and timelines
- Define and evolve regulatory compliance reporting and key metrics for senior management and regulators
- Lead Operational Risk control framework assessments/updates for regulatory compliance related processes and associated control gap remediation, in partnership with control functions
- Financial Markets Senior Management Team, Business and Product Heads (in country and Group), Chief Operating Officers (COOs), Operations Functional Heads
- Interface with in-country stakeholders to ensure alignment on key priorities, control framework standards and visibility over pipeline regulations and associated changes
- Act as informed advisor to internal stakeholders across the front-to-back teams with respect digital operational solutions
- Build and maintain an active industry presence, contributing to and driving industry dialogue across the spectrum of operational digital channels matters, new solutions and industry adoptions
- As a senior member of the global FM Operations team, represent the wider function in a credible, informed and professional manner with all stakeholders to the spectrum of FM Operations processes
- Extensive knowledge of FM products and associated E2E operational functions and processes
- Extensive knowledge of current and planned operational digital channel initiatives and technology collaborations
- Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage projects and define supporting analytics
- Strong BAU management skills to manage functional teams, deadlines and internal and external client expectations and SLAs
- Proven ability to define and implement industry best practice operational digital solutions, processes & controls
- Able to define and drive complex change agenda across multiple processes, locations and stakeholder groups
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.