As an Internal Audit Senior Manager, you will be a part of a team delivering an innovative assurance and consulting approach that aligns with the fast-paced, dynamic environment of VMware. You will have responsibility for conducting internal audit reviews, assessing effectiveness of controls, applying critical thinking and analysis, and communicating risks to internal stakeholders globally and across the Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) geography.You will also be part of the larger governance, risk and control (GRC) team (including Engineering, Go-to-market, Business Operations, Partner Operations, Licence Compliance, Finance, Legal, Ethics & Compliance) to uphold the ethical and compliance culture across the Greater China Region (GCR).
The ideal candidate must bring business experience and passion, and have demonstrated experience in assessing strategic, financial and operational risks, preferably in a technology (preferably software) industry. Candidates will leverage internal audit and risk management skills to critically assess processes, systems/tools and culture/people to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and help raise awareness of financial, operational and compliance risks.Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the businesses in GCR, APJ and globally.
- Lead risk-based audits, business reviews and maturity assessments focused on raising awareness of critical business risks through planning, managing internal and external resources, executing and reporting to various levels of management.
- Apply leading practices in advanced audit techniques, e.g. risk assessments, data analytics, etc.
- Monitor the effectiveness of remediated activities and work with the businesses to ensure any residual risks are addressed.
- Profile and assess assigned risk areas using leading GRC/ERM (enterprise risk management) methodologies.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Deep cultural and market knowledge over the Greater China (China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) region
- Advanced proficiency of audit competencies (risk assessment, management & control, business acumen, data analytics, problem solving, communication, influence)
Experience & Education:
- Thought Leadership:
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate initiative in using creative approaches to analyze business risks by:
- ‘Connecting the dots across business priorities, processes and systems to provide new insights and
- Interpreting data to evaluate root causes and solve problems at a macro level.
- Open to non-traditional ways of providing risk assurance and seeking solutions in areas outside of comfort zones.
- Results Leadership: Drive self and others to look beyond proposed actions to identify better alternatives in complex environments.More interested in doing what is right than winning arguments or being popular.Possess political savvy to overcome roadblocks.Effectively communicates with honesty and respect to achieve Internal Audit mission and deliver value.
- People Leadership:
- Build and collaborate with productive teams through utilizing differing perspectives, helping to prioritize team objectives and taking responsibility for team performance. Effectively communicates to provide encouragement and support to other team members.
- Maintain productive partnerships and build credibility with all levels of Internal Audit ‘clients. Actively respond to changes in the client's priorities and/or environment to deliver timely and innovative services.
- Bachelor degree with 9+ years of relevant experience or an MBA with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Professional certification CIA preferred CPA (or international equivalent), CISA and/or CFE desirable
- Demonstrated experience in successfully executing, leading and managing internal audit projects and risk assessments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, preferably also proficient in Mandarin
- Possess a 'can do' attitude, and the willingness to learn new concepts in a fast paced, change-driven environment.
- Results driven and demonstrate sense of urgency
- Flexible, adaptable and strong team player
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.