About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- To continually drive and ensure high productivity, error free and low-cost efficiency through use of productivity measures and other service standards tracking tools.
- On an ongoing basis, to recommend and develop an improved work model for any process, through process improvements, process re-engineering, employment of automation in key process steps in lieu of manual work and capacity planning to ensure transaction volumes are supported by adequate resources.
- To control and manage any operational/ reputational risks within Operations units.
- To continue to meet the high service quality standards as agreed with the Business
- Implement and drive productivity measures
- Automate and remove non-value-added activities to improve turnaround times and accuracy levels.
- Ensure managed areas have clear and accurate productivity tracking mechanisms and capacity planners.
- To manage and implement any new projects as assigned by Line Manager.
- Continuously review and re-engineer processes of areas assigned to keep it better, cheaper and faster than competition.
- Ensure monthly reviews and other tests mandated by Regulator are conducted in a timely manner
- Handling of fraud incidents and ensure that it has been escalated and reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely resolution of service quality issues identified.
- Regular reviews of reports and MIS on outsourced operations processes.
- Ensure timely & accurate submission of all statistical returns to Regulators, Management and Group etc.
- Drive service excellence framework to drive quality culture and standards within the area managed in Operations with an outcome of achieving satisfactory levels of customer loyalty.
- Proactively manage risk for activities under purview by reviewing activities undertaken by the related units to mitigate risk issues, analyse/share reports to achieve a favourable operating environment.
- Ensure significant risk and compliance issues identified are reported and escalated to management in a timely manner.
- Establish a performance culture around Risk Management using root cause analysis and corrective action planning as key elements of operational risk management.
- Establishing procedures to ensure area managed in Operations units are effectively monitoring compliance with Group Standards and key local laws/ regulations identified by Legal & Compliance
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Ability to deliver ‘effective governance capability to challenge fellow executives effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions the Group's policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Local regulator prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Graduate with more than 10 years of Banking Operations experience, preferably in Consumer Banking
- Strong knowledge of Mortgage related Processes, Products & System
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Transaction Processing System - RLS
- Core Banking System - eBBS
- Individual Client Master (ICM)
- Suspense & Sundry Reconciliation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.