About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Scope & Impact &ndash Lead large, strategic, and complex area of multidimension Platform&rsquos, applications and help evolve systems towards it.
- Technical Execution &ndash Provide deep knowledge in ETL tools, PL/SQL, Unix/Shell scripts, Python, Hadoop and automation break down complex projects into simple systems that can be effectively built and maintained analyse and resolve tactical issues across a wide variety of areas, develop and implement enhancements, bug fixes in AML ETL
- Development and implementation of community engagement strategy consistent with the business strategy.
- Effective monitoring and management of incidents community investment spending across the network and effective control of the Bank's fund-raising activities.
People and Talent
- Taking responsible of Development/enhancements and defect fixes in M&E/L3 support for Mantas AML
- Responsible for production issues which comes to ETL Squad and upstream
- Responsible for change management into production.
- Responsible for faster production incidents resumption, root cause identification, problem fixing
- Responsible for identifying & delivering improvement opportunities such as, Manual task automations, Performance/Throughput improvements, Batch optimisation etc, that will ultimately improve the production service/stability
- Responsible for identifying & implementing solutions to improve overall Tech operations efficiency, that should result in cost saves/avoidance
- Responsible to lead a team to ensure SLOs are met and SLIs are improved
- Act as a bridge between Build teams, interfaces teams and other key stakeholders.
- Assuming situation manager role during incidents and crisis.
- Functional Knowledge - Posses knowledge on AML Systems such as Mantas and deep knowledge in ODI (ETL tool)
- Signature Strength &ndash Clear expert in modern Cloud-native technologies, demonstrated track record of development, support large-scale systems and Automation.
- Hands-on Coding &ndash Advanced programming skills in ODI, PL/SQL, Shell scrips, deep knowledge in AML systems and data, good understanding of Infrastructure as a Code, expertise developing solutions using ODI and Demonstrate skills on Dev Ops tools.
- Development Practices &ndash Track record of owning sizable codebase and understanding practices to ensure that other developers in the team adhere to the quality standards.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- The ability to interpret and identify key risks issues in system and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Accountable to govern the adherence to tech policies and processes required to SDLC and support applications in production environment.
- Accountable to govern the adherence to tech policies and processes required for change of applications in production
- Accountable to govern the adherence to tech policies and processes required for incident and problem management
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business domain head, Tribe leaders, Application and Interface teams, SRE team, CTM, Country and Group Businesses.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Should be a great communicator and be able to manage during crisis.
- Should be a problem solver with exceptional analytical & out-of-box thinking capability
- Should be a strong team player & be able to work under tight timelines
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 12+ years of experience, with at least 8 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Nature of Experience: Experience in similar role development and support AML applications
- PL / SQL, Oracle, Shell Script
- Mantas AML
- Reporting tools (OBIEE)
- Java, Web services
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.