About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- To manage the operations divisions of Cash GBSs, ensuring consistent delivery of high-quality services to customers through effective management of daily operations, people and resources, meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk at an acceptable level.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence of the Group's policies, procedure, service standards, performance measurements, staffing and operating expenses which support Cash Services units operating within the GBSs.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- Ensure that the business manage / supported meets its obligations on the prevention of money laundering and business contingency under the Group Policy & Standard, and under local laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the Business Continuity Plan [BCP] for Cash GBSs which includes recovery strategies, recovery resources and development of plans.
- Strategy: -
- Manage teams in building a stronger relationship with our clients and customers.
- Manage initiatives to innovate and digitize their processes as well as intensifying collaboration across the network.
- To accelerate new generation of leaders.
- Manage all initiatives to get more fit and flexible in the way we work.
- Focus on proving that we are here for good.
- Business: -
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon
- Initiating & implementing service quality initiatives
- Uphold the values of the Group and company at all times.
- Processes: -
- Ensuring continuous improvement in timeliness to the standards prescribed for the process from time to time.
- Releasing deals as per the department operating instruction manual, customers instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations and Company and Group Policies. Identifying exceptions from the norms & initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures and Sanctions to the extend applicable and reporting all suspicious Transaction to the Line Manager.
- Where applicable, ensure compliance to Group and Country Regulations are managed to the extend agreed with the Countries and ensure all staff adhere to the same.
- People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure provision of ongoing training and development, to larger teams and ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified with effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor jib descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Promoting an environment where all team members develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute ideas with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- Risk Management:
- Responsible for the Audit and Risk Control Standard associated with Cash Services operations.
- To ensure approved generic Product Programs and their corresponding Country Product Templates are in place before any product is accepted for implementation by Service Delivery. To refer any instances to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and monthly risk exception reporting.
- To proactively monitor and manage operational risks, system risk and channel risk of the products and to highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and risk exception reporting.
- Work with UORM to develop, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management
- Timely update of monitoring conducted in ORMA Optial Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide oversight across three hubs, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This incudes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money - laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in SSC Cash to ensure that adherence with the highest standard of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
Key Stakeholders: Other Responsibilities:KEY MEASURABLES
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Achieves the processing turnaround standards as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement between the dept. and various Spoke countries.
- Meeting productivity standards in terms of processing efficiency and accuracy of output.
- Contribute in managing operating cost and headcount numbers as per allocated budget.
- Contribute in operational risk management to avoid any operational and/or reputational losses to the Company/ Group.
- Good understanding of the Team's risk profile with consistent review of indicators, processes and procedures in identifying risks, implementation of risk mitigating actions and tools, and prompt escalation of risk issues with effective actions to address risk.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and achieving the quality objectives and standards set.
- Developing team members to achieve the desired level of productivity and competency. To ensure team members adhere closely to their Learning & Development plans, in achieving a fully competent, engaged and results driven team.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations none additional
- Professional Memberships relevant memberships to be agreed
- Bank training none additional
- Languages English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.