About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal CandidateRole Context
The Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank's data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. As a critical function reporting into the Group Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Group CISO serves as the first line of defence for assuring ICS controls are implemented effectively and in accordance with the ICS Risk Framework and for instilling a culture of cyber security within the Bank.
The Group CISO is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its ICS commitment to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board.
The Global Head of TPSR leads the third-party security risk assessment program within the Bank. The program plays a central role across the Bank in managing vendor risk by implementing a standardized data risk security assessment to third parties.Significant transformation is underway within the Third Party Security Risk function to rapidly improve the Group's Cyber, Data, Privacy and Automation control environment, along with digitization and innovation, and to collaborate with different areas of the bank that are responsible for vendor management to build integration of third party data security risk into the wider bank vendor management process.
To support the TPSR transformation agenda in growing trust with clients and regulators, this is a role within the Third Party Security Risk - Digital Strategy team and will be primarily responsible for the improvement initiatives within the TPSR teamThis role reports directly to the Head of Digital Strategy, Third Party Security RiskStrategy
Execution / Delivery
- The role is responsible for leading the process re-engineering and improvement initiatives, working closely with the Management team, to successfully deliver the strategic initiatives, objectives and metrics, across the Bank's third party security risk program.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Identify new opportunities and drive changes to improve the process to enable a simpler, faster and/or better experience
- Identify and recommend re-alignment of the change programme or plan, where appropriate, to assure delivery of objectives, while effectively managing the Bank's third party security risk
- Develop new/amended processes/approaches, innovative ways of working and control requirements
- Promotes new thinking, creative solutions and ways of working to address issues and mitigate risks
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for the engagement with local regulators in UAE
- Head of Digital Strategy, TPSR
- Global Head of Third Party Security Risk
- Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Group Chief Information Security Risk Officer (CISRO)
- Head of Operations & Management, Third Party Security Risk
- Head of ICS across all businesses and functions
- Head of Other Functions within CISO, Trust, Data and Automation
- COOs/CIOs of different businesses/functions
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.