About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you'll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always SimpleThe Role Responsibilities
Significant transformation is underway within the Operations function to rapidly improve the Cyber, Data, Privacy and Automation control environment, along with digitization and innovation. A new function, TDR (Trust, Data & Resilience), has been formed by pulling together Cyber Security Services, TPSR, ICS Operations, Data Management & Privacy, Automation and Resilience into one function to:
- Grow trust with clients and regulators
- Best practice cyber security solutions protection of data and privacy improve resilience reduce risk
- Leverage analytics and insights to enable data monetisation
- Real time analytics process automation customer insights eco-system partnerships disruptive business practices
- Be an enabler to journeys
- Steer the Bank using trust, innovation and data supply real time information for actionable measures
To help grow trust with clients and regulators and maximize risk reduction, a Senior Project Manager of ICS Control Testing role has been created to lead a program of work to implement ICS control testing across the bank's critical IT systems.
This role will ensure production of high-quality and timely output aligned to relevant SCB Polices/Standards, and delivered within budgetary constraints. Advice on best project management practices to support the Business to optimise outcomes will also be required. Regular outputs will be presented to senior stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:Implementation of ICS Control Testing Program:
Change Management / Governance:
- Provide clear communication of principles and concepts that are required to ensure successful roll-out of the multi-year implementation plan.
- Own and manage the project plan, financials, projections, issue/dependency tracking, resourcing and timescales for the Project
- Provide solution mind-set to the strategic design and review of project deliverables as they relate to ICS Control Testing to ensure the target operating model and tooling is best in class. Ensure that the approach taken recognises the context and objectives.
- Adapt to emerging risks and issues to maximize outcomes. Urgent and timely action for risks and issues which may impair delivery.
- Support mobilising and gaining commitment for change with the business COOs.
- Partner with technology stakeholders to ensure alignment of priorities and timeframes.
- Manage projects in line with ePMO standards. Ensuring Clarity is up to date including Project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts, and they are tracked and reported to the appropriate governance bodies
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees and working groups (PED, Red Packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports, Progress Reports, etc.) are of the right quality and are timely
- Implementing project closure procedure
- Manage working groups across domains to progress the implementation plan.
- Escalate appropriately to ensure Project Sponsor is briefed and necessary decisions are made in a timely manner.
- Support / manage cross regional governance to ensure efficient knowledge sharing and decision making.
- Support delivery of the Programme objectives including the preparation of an Implementation Guide, training material, tactical and strategic tools, centralised data provision, reporting capabilities and tracking mechanisms.
- Deliver against the agreed plan by working with key stakeholders and face off to assigned Business lines, Functions and/or Regions.
- Ensure project reporting is up to date including project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts. Deliver quality submissions to relevant steering committees.
- Support and apply the refinement of tools, templates and good practice.
- Ensure effective prioritisation and application of best practice
- Advocate delivery excellence, minimising delivery risk
- Identify changes to plan required in terms of additional components, reprioritisation to anticipate and respond to changes
Developing Capability and Supporting Success
- Partnerships both within and out with the programme team to provide timely and high-quality output
- Build effective relationships and support Programme team in defining remediation activities/solutions to address identified issues
- Timely and clear communications to the stakeholder community
- Facilitate the learning from previous project experience by identifying and communicating transferable lessons, helping to embed these lessons, and encouraging best practice
People and Talent
- Support professional and efficient management of Projects, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken
- Support liaison with GIA and any regulatory inspections as required. Provide coordination and process management
- Enhance Programme level assurance capabilities to assure quality and predictability of programme delivery
- Adapting to emerging risks and issues to maximize outcomes. Urgent and timely action for risks and issues which may impair delivery
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations across the Programme and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Regularly share lessons learnt and best practice in a timely manner across the project.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Project Teams
- Project Sponsor/Accountable Executive
- Project Control Team
- Wider ICS TRP team
- Around 10 years of experience in delivering major regulatory programs in the Banking industry, including accountability for IT solution delivery
- Recognised qualifications/certifications in Project and Change Management (Preferred Agile certification)
- Strong background in Project Management and/or Project Assurance experience within international financial services organisations
- Stakeholder management experience working with senior level stakeholders to deliver change
- Proven experience with co-ordination of many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders in a complex, large-scale deployment environment
- Rigorous approach to management of project delivery methodology
- Proven skills in co-ordination, staff management and leadership working with vendors and internal teams
- Leadership skills to coach, co-ordinate and grow a successful delivery team
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage a diverse and challenging stakeholder community
- Knowledge of financial services businesses, processes and controls
- Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to influence and to gain the respect of senior stakeholders and peers
- Able to influence decision makers and execute decisions efficiently and consistently
- Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment
- Confident and courageous to raise/escalate issues in a pro-active, professional and timely manner
- Must have expert knowledge in understanding and implementing headcount/resource management, financials and cost processes such as forecasts, actuals (including recharges and accruals), etc.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.