If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge software solutions, using best in class delivery practices and tooling via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity
- The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer deployments / projects and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people.
- You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more.
- Practical experience in the test definition and test execution of end-to-end Solutions. Experience in a variety of technologies and test tooling, automated build and test systems is also essential, as is an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A proven track record of full project testing to customers, Able to articulate a technical discussion with customer. Content of industry experience and ability to clearly describe technical content. Previous experience usage of UNIXC environment and Test Tool such as Selenium and JMeter. Shell script is essential and knowledge of XML, SOAP, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols is strongly desirable.
We would love it if: -
- You have an understanding of telecommunications environments, in particular within the Policy and Charging domains is a plus, as is broader knowledge of the BSS environment.
- You are familiar with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines – incorporating technologies like Docker and Kubernetes;
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
The impact your role will have
- You will join a team that is deploying cutting edge software solutions and integrates them with our customer & partner systems. We are keen to bring into the team an experienced engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems, thrives in a fast paced, demanding environment and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings. The role is to test the end-to-end solutions prior to deployment. Testing included System Testing, Inter-Operability Testing (IOT), Integration Testing and Customer Acceptance Testing. The Senior Test Engineer is integrated in the project team and able to take ownership of specific complex tasks and take them to completion. A professional with an appreciation of the wider field of technology outside his/her own specialisation. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels in the APAC region.
The skills you bring to the team
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time;
- You have analytical approach to designing, problem solving, testing and defect fixing.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
- Able to review and understand the requirements of the project, execute and document the test plan and test strategy for each of the test phases; Able to analyse the Test Results and gather the required data for investigation;
- Implement the test scripts; Implement the Automated Test using Openet Automated Test Platform;
- Setup test platform and able configure Test Tools and simulators;
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team and mentor junior tester;
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
How your work impacts the organisation
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure Openet’s customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Solution Delivery and this role is key to our ability to deliver state of the art solutions, which support our customer’s successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.