About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesProcesses
- Communications Surveillance includes system generated alerts review, manual reviews and voice monitoring.
- Perform initial review of alerts and/or escalate cases primarily but not limited to Manual Monitoring (MM), by following the relevant Surveillance Procedures to detect potential market misconduct or mis-selling risks as well as irregular behavior that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues.
- Escalate any potential issues to the Team Leads / Communications Surveillance SMEs for further review and follow up, where necessary.
- Ad hoc data retrievals and reviews from source, i.e. Bloomberg Vault, Reuters Messenger Compliance Module, Discovery Accelerator, Skype and Ice Chat, where required.
- Drive / encourage initiatives aimed at helping improve efficiency and boost quality of existing surveillance processes (automated alerting / manual monitoring) as well as the design and implementation of controls. Actively strive to enhance the current scenarios / systems and challenge status quo through driving improvement / automation initiatives. Manage and protect business as usual capability during change programs / remediation initiatives.
- Support other stream of work whenever there is a business need.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and / or escalating potential market misconduct and mis-selling risks to the Team Leads / Communications Surveillance SMEs for further review and follow up.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Compliance Surveillance team in GBS Malaysia to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime Prevention Creating the Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support effective and timely communication along with collaboration cutting through functions, businesses and locations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the Compliance Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree and 4-8 years of work experience in the financial industry, preferably in the market conduct / compliance / communications surveillance space
- Banking knowledge in terms of customers, products, transactions and operations
- Experience in the communication surveillance process and the vendor tools, including but not limited to Digital Reasoning, Nexidia, preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite additional programming capabilities e.g. Python, VBA is advantageous
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing) additional language capabilities e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa, Korean preferred
- Analytical, attention to details.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.