1. Assist with managing the quarterly tax closing and reporting processes under ASC 740 US tax reporting, including FIN 18 income tax provision calculations and effective tax rate analysis. This includes preparation of the ASC 740 reconciliation (return to provision) files.
2. Preparation of Tax Balance Sheet Analysis quarterly and annually, ensure legal entity tax basis balance sheets properly reflect all tax accounts and assist to resolve income tax accounting issues.
3. Regional liaison with external advisers and review local tax returns; ensure compliance with governmental tax laws in the region, which includes working closely with controllers to ensure timely filing of tax returns and other statutory filing requirements (e.g. withholding tax returns).
4. Assist with local tax audits by in-country tax authorities and liaison with the Tax Reporting team on the tax accounting consequences of audit positions.
5. Support ad hoc projects such as tax planning, mergers & acquisitions and cross-border tax advisory work.
6. Global Transfer Pricing – provide support in transfer pricing documentations and OECD compliant documentation.
Experience and skills requirements
1. Degree or equivalent in Accountancy/Business/Finance.
2. At least four years of relevant experience in corporate income tax compliance and tax accounting in medium to Big 4 accounting firms or MNCs. Experience with US MNC and regional tax exposure will be preferred.
3. A self-starter who is a good team player as well as an independent worker.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Strong planning and organizational skills to prioritize work and able to meet tight deadlines.
6. Strong computer and business solutions software skills (e.g. Excel and SAP).
7. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.