Job Description :About Grab
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing app in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and logistics across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and charities, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012 but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch), last-mile delivery (GrabExpress), food delivery (GrabFood) and a B2B service for corporate clients (Grab For Work). We are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar; however, we have R&D offices in Seattle, Beijing & Bangalore as well. If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
You’ll be part of an exciting team that is responsible for the Grab Cyber Defence function. The Cyber Defence team is responsible for threat detection, incident response, threat intelligence, threat hunting, red teaming, insider abuse and insider fraud detection.Job Description
As a Senior Threat Detection Engineer at Grab, you are a team player and are responsible for monitoring, detecting, and responding to potential threats against Grab’s networks around the world. You will develop reports that detail your findings in incident timelines, evidence used to determine the findings, conclusions and recommendations. You are responsible for managing and responding to cyber incidents and resolving the incidents in a timely manner. You will need to be confident in your written and verbal communications as reports, findings and recommendations are presented to senior stakeholders. Your recommendations directly impact Grab to further prevent and mitigate internal control failures. In your spare time, you’ll actively hunt through our networks for undetected suspect activity and drive your findings to closure. You’ll use tried and true techniques, tools, and best practices and also invent new ones along the way. You’ll be surrounded by smart, driven people who all care about Grab’s mission and information security.The day-to-day activities:
- Generate alert criteria for host and network intrusions and push them to production. Also produce decision criteria and playbooks for alerts, automating as much as possible.
- Mature existing detection rules, and create automated tests and automation workflows to improve the overall detection capability.
- Identify gaps in the current logging capability and suggest mechanisms to remediate these gaps.
- Hunt down potential malicious activity in our network using the latest threat intel
- Respond when an incident occurs, you will be on the front lines of response for the entire company.
- Advise and help us pick the best solutions to nascent problems - vendors, processes, training, etc. You will use your expertise to shape the future of the team.
- Engage and enjoy working collaboratively in a close-knit team to address their security challenges while understanding business needs.
- Experience conducting IR in cloud environments, experience with multiple security tools/systems/logs (network, EDR, WAF, OS etc.), working knowledge of frameworks such as ATT&CK and kill-chain and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis in a rotating roster as required.
- Strong, proven track record of delivering results in fast-paced, resource-scarce environments. Assume your favourite tool is not available but that you have the chance to learn a new one.
- Ability to handle stress effectively and maintain strong output during an incident
- Curiosity and a relentless drive to understand how networks work and how they can be abused.
- Cloud expertise - be able to stand toe to toe with our IT and infrastructure teams while bringing an investigator’s mindset to the mix.
- Proficient in using languages like Python and Go to automate tasks and process large amounts of messy data.
- Developing security rules in a SIEM platform, workflows in a SOAR platform and working knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Relevant industry certifications
- Cyber Security: SANS GCIH, GMON, GCIA, GCFA, SIEM etc; or.
- Cloud infrastructure: (AWS, Azure, GCP),
- Working collaboratively with other team members.