- The Power Grids division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power &
automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure
- You will deliver the substation technical support to ABB customers within the Power Grids division in Malaysia. Reporting
- to the Substation Field Service Operation Manager, you will also act as the technical point person between customers
- and extended ABB teams.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support by identifying the problem and determine corrective action in substation
- installation, service, maintenance, repair, upgrades and retrofits.
- Consult with and advise customers on the best service solutions adhering to standard processes, procedures and safety
- Create and maintain strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support
- and solutions.
- Coordinate and execute special projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Identify opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for
- your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (preferably majoring in Electrical Power Engineering)
- More than 5 years’ experience working in Electrical Substation and conversant with Testing and Commissioning
- Able to lead a team of maintenance technicians/subcontractors at the site to carry out routine electrical substation
- service and maintenance for Primary Equipment’s in the substation.
- Good experience and knowledge of HV Equipment’s (HV Breakers, 132kV / 275kV GIS, Transformers, OLTC) with
Hands On experience handling HV Test Equipment’s, i.e. CB Timing Test Kit, e.g. ISA CB1000, SA10, SF6 Gas
Analyzers & Detectors, Contact Resistance Measurement.
- Having sound knowledge on Secondary Equipment’s, e.g. 132kV Protection Relays/Scheme, Disturbance Recorder,
RTCC will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- This position requires 50-75% travel with the majority being within Malaysia.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, with the ability to understand and prioritize your customer’s needs.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If
you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will
reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.