The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of a product for BSS/OSS as part of a large scale application development project and contributing to the overall direction of the solution and the design. It is expected that the successful candidate will be responsible for taking the architecture and implementing the design of the various components of the application. He / She will be involved in running the design of the project and is expected to hold relevant architectural and design spikes to clarify and complete the design of the product.
In addition to being involved in the design they’re expected to take part in the daily SCRUM meetings and guide the development resources. Responsible for maintaining the long term architecture roadmap of the product and the assessment of features to deliver for each sprint in conjunction with the Product Owners.
5-10 years of telecom experience out of which majority should be on BSS/OSS.
• Strong experience in BSS and/or OSS systems, processes and software solutions in at least one of the following specialised areas;
1. (x1) CPQ and customer Order Management
2. (x1) Service Assurance & Performance Management
3. (x1) Workforce Management
4. (x1) Product Catalogue/Service Catalogue
5. Retail Shop POS and systems for Telcos
6. Inventory or Resource Management for Telcos
• The solution architect/designer must have had experience in working on telco digital transformation projects
• The software architect/designer must have experience in productization and product life cycle roadmap design and build, and leading scrum teams in delivering this.
• Manage the design of Themes, Epics, User Stories and the agreed MVP for the respective releases and provide a roadmap of those designs before the relevant sprint
• Manage the allocation and grooming of the project backlog to ensure that the sprint teams have sufficient work in the pipeline for development
• Perform change management, resources management The candidate should have a good working experience on end to end BSS/OSS components, with technical SI capability (not just someone who only has experience in managing vendors to implement package solutions).
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT profession
• Analysis and implementation experience in Communications, Media, Utilities industries and/or Smart/IoT projects
• Experience in BSS/OSS systems, processes and software solutions such as Sales and Order Management, Subscriber Management, CPQ, Service Provisioning, Rating and Billing, Omni-Channel, Digitalization, POS
• Familiar with the implementation of micro-services and the issues in delivering distributed processing systems. Familiar with latest technologies and trends e.g. Machine Learning, Cloud services, Data Lakes, Artificial Intelligence, chatbots, RPAs, data analytics etc.
• Cloud Infrastructure/ DevOps familiarity and the development of large architectural plans in an agile framework
• Knowledgeable and experienced in systems analysis and design and the overall SDLC for Agile
• Possesses certification in Agile SCRUM;
• Expected to be hands on and involved in the day to day development and running of the design sprints that will be organised for the various product components
• Good leadership, analytical, inter-personal and problem solving skills
• Positive attitude, fast-learning, energetic, able to perform in challenging environment
• Willingness to travel and/or work on overseas regional projects
• Effective verbal and written communication in English (and Chinese is an advantage) and excellent presentation skills
Is able to demonstrate or possess the following skills:
Server, network, and hosting environment
o Understands what can break and why
o Use of cloud, file systems, elastic compute/ storage
o Multi-threading and race conditions
o Hardware and constraints
o Relational and non relational databases (CouchDB, REDIS, Cassandra DB etc.)
o How to structure design to make up for early changes or changes in data model
How to interact with APIs and the external world
o Familiarity with frameworks in delivery of applications (MVC, Orchestration etc.)
o Simple clear and consistent interfaces, familiarity with Swagger is very important
User interface and user experience
o Can create good UI messages and experience
o Mastery of HTML5/ CSS
o Useful error messages
Security concerns throughout the program
o Familiar with open source security platforms WSO2 or similar
o SSO and mechanisms
o Mutual Authenticated TLS
o OAuth 2.0
Understanding customer and business needs
o Is able to be a BA and dig in to user stories for business logic
o Object Oriented design skills
o Test and Acceptance Driven Development
o Is able to write and code test scripts
o Ensures that all of the code is covered by test automation
o Test coverage and test tools such as SonarQube, Katalon or Selenium
PCCW is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer's personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.