The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
- Understand business needs and provide best suited solutions on Payroll, Compensation & Benefits and Labor Relations & Law.
- Offer expert advice and proposal to service recipient through development of deep expertise and staying abreast of current and emerging market insights and legal legislations.
- Drive process improvements, automation, and digitalization measures to offer best service delivery experience
- Ensure data quality and data integrity for Payroll, Compensation & Benefits and Labor Relations & Law processes.
- Manage full payroll portfolio (either in-house or via vendors) accurately, timely and in compliance with statutory requirements, business policies and company guidelines. Responsible for payroll issues resolutions, data analysis, payroll accounting activities, payroll taxation and legislation administration.
- Manage the time and attendance processes for office and production workers, including the maintenance of time system configurations, time settings such as public holiday calendar maintenance, work schedules arrangements, time calculation rules etc.
- Design and deliver of compensation and benefits frameworks and programs for the service recipients. Perform competitive analysis of compensation & benefits and assist to develop compensation & benefits program and policies i.e. employee assistance program, health benefits program, pension program etc.
- Manage full cycle of salary review management i.e. compensation survey, salary benchmarking, salary budget allocation, annual salary review cycle exercise and application of annual salary review budgets.
- Understand relevant legislation relating to relevant staff consultation and labor laws and manage employment related templates and policies.
- Develop expertise in International labour and social standards and support relevant internal/external audit analysis and reporting i.e. Workplace Gender Equity (WGEA) reporting, Personnel Social Responsibliity (PSR) Reporting, Management Information System (MIS) Reporting, Corporate Audits etc.
- Responsible for vendor management for Payroll, Compensation & Benefits and Labor Relations & Law processes, which includes service provider scouting, selection, negotiation, contract management, onboarding, performance monitoring and vendor invoice processing.
- Provide advisory such as manual payment calculation, pay slip simulation, gross up computations for payment, national service claims, global mobility packages, compensation and benefits practices and guidelines, labour laws etc.
- Provide support to projects on merger, acquisitions, divestitures, and labor management partnerships e.g. due diligence analysis, business requirement gatherings, compensation workings etc.
- Monitor and track external developments and changes in market practices and legislation which affect the HR climate and support business to manage changes proactively.
- Analyze, clarify, and resolve operation issues and enquiries with close collaboration with relevant counterparts to ensure quality services are delivered from the hub. All unsolved and potential operational issues are escalated timely according to establish escalation process, with detailed analysis provided to manager.
Process Improvement and Project Initiatives
- Continuously review and maintain knowledge documents in areas of expertise to develop the formation of competence hub.
- Identify opportunities, prepare business case and participate in digitalization and process optimization. Support the implementation of process improvements, automation and digitalization measures which will be rolled out predominantly in the GB KL Hub for achieving the efficiency target.
- Drive initiatives which contribute to the improvement of service experience
- Develop and maintain the blueprints of multiple system processors in Payroll, Compensation & Benefits and Labor Relations & Law processes to ensure the capturing of business requirements, system settings, configuration needs and change trackers. Provide inputs and participate in user acceptance testing in system maintenance and upgrade, follow up and escalate timely with respective party to ensure fixes or changes can be delivered on time.
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices; seeks guidance in the more complex aspects of the process.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment through generously provide guidance and sharing knowledge with others. Guides and trains junior team members
- Relevant tertiary qualifications: Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Commerce or Business Administration
- With 3 - 4 years of related HR working experiences in Payroll, Compensation & Benefits and Labor Relations & Law.
- Experience in relevant payroll procedures, practices and country statutory
- Working knowledge of integrated payroll systems preferably on SAP.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in language and culture of the supported country/location.
- Understanding of HR principals and/or Employee Laws of the supported country/location.
- Strong processing skills and analytical abilities (inclination for Mathematics/Finance/Problem solving).
- Service mindset with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft application i.e. Words, Excel, Power Point.