The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
- Understand business needs and provide best suited solutions on Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Mobility.
- Offer expert advice and proposals to service recipient through development of deep expertise and staying abreast of current and emerging market insights and legal legislations.
- Drive process improvements, automation, and digitalization measures to offer best service delivery experience
- Ensure data quality and data integrity for Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Mobility.
- Collaborate with multiple parties to develop and deliver talent strategy and framework suited for the service recipients. Support the talent pipeline processes through gathering of local market talent insights, managing sourcing/recruitment channels, creating internal candidate data pools, and supporting recruitment campaigns and marketing activities.
- Accountable for complete permanent recruitment process from requisition management, candidate sourcing, selection process, offer management, pre-hiring activities, satisfaction survey, onboarding till probation management. Ensure quality deliveries via internal team resources or agencies.
- Design and deliver of learning & development frameworks and programs for the service recipients. Perform learning needs analysis and assist to develop program and policies i.e. talent development program, learning contents, learning catalogues etc.
- Support succession planning for the service recipients though managing succession planning cycle, maintaining succession talent list, administering talent deployment and tracking talent progress.
- Provides comprehensive services for all types of inter-country people movement (secondment, delegation, business trips, domestic relocation, repatriation etc). Research home and host country regulations (taxation, immigration, foreign exchange, customs etc.) and coordinate all related activities to ensure smooth transition while in compliance with legal legislation.
- Administer and follow-through business agreements in ensuring accurate payments of all mobility expenses. Close engagement with country focal points in administrating transition arrangement and inter-company charging. Work closely with finance teams on costings and provisions on delegate cost items.
- Understand local cultural and language standards to provide translation services and to prepare HR communication materials.
- Responsible for vendor management for Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Mobility, which includes service provider scouting, selection, negotiation, contract management, onboarding, performance monitoring and vendor invoice processing.
- Provide advisory on Talent systems, processes, and guidelines such as talent market analysis, hiring needs, learning and development framework, immigration guidelines, double tax agreements, labour laws etc.
- Provide support to both internal and external stakeholders on talent matters ranging from employees, managers, delegates, delegate dependents, external hiring candidates, agencies etc.
- Monitor and track external developments and changes in market practices and legislation which affect the HR climate and support business to manage changes proactively.
- Analyze, clarify, and resolve operation issues and enquiries with close collaboration with relevant counterparts to ensure quality services are delivered from the hub. All unsolved and potential operational issues are escalated timely according to establish escalation process, with detailed analysis provided to manager.
Process Improvement and Project Initiatives
- Continuously review and maintain knowledge documents in areas of expertise to develop the formation of competence hub.
- Identify opportunities, prepare business case and participate in digitalization and process optimization. Support the implementation of process improvements, automation and digitalization measures which will be rolled out predominantly in the GB KL Hub for achieving the efficiency target.
- Drive initiatives which contribute to the improvement of service experience
- Develop and maintain the blueprints of multiple system processors in Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Mobility processes to ensure the capturing of business requirements, system settings, configuration needs and change trackers. Provide inputs and participate in user acceptance testing in system maintenance and upgrade, follow up and escalate timely with respective party to ensure fixes or changes can be delivered on time.
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices; seeks guidance in the more complex aspects of the process.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment through generously provide guidance and sharing knowledge with others. Guides and trains junior team members.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications: Degree in Human Resources or Psychology
- With 3 - 4 years of related HR working experiences in Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Mobility.
- Experience in relevant talent/mobility procedures, practices and country statutory
- Working knowledge of integrated talent systems preferably on Taleo, Success Factors.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in language and culture of the supported country/location.
- Understanding of HR principals and/or Employee Laws of the supported country/location.
- Strong people skills and influential abilities.
- Service mindset with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft application i.e. Words, Excel, Power Point.