Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Provide trade control, chemical regulations, product stewardship services to BASF group companies, in accordance with established policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Interphase with various stakeholders such as supply chain, customer services and technical experts to enable the implementation of compliance policies and BASF minimum requirements.
- Continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma and digitalization are our core in driving operation excellence
- Guide and support team member in performing routine activities for Product Safety Asia Pacific
Execute trade control, chemical regulation and product safety related activities for BASF companies to ensure Product Safety and Regulatory compliance
- Monitor product report and review compliance relevant areas against business processes predefined criteria
- Evaluate, analyze and verify product regulatory data and compliance documentation for system and database compliance monitoring and maintenance
- Support team members in resolving issues related to the service delivery including communication with internal customers and other business partners
As part of region expert on BASF Product Safety compliance framework, to ensure Product Safety and regulatory related activities compliance for BASF companies
- Monitor and/or execute Product Safety and regulatory changes for country/region, including stakeholder management for relevant advocacy activities, impact analysis and execution.
- Knowledge exchange on best practices and training, including executing region and cross region project/initiatives
- Prepare KPI reporting, non-conformance monitoring and necessary improvement initiatives via i.e. Lean Six Sigma, technology and digitalization skill and tools.
Act as key focal to support internal and external audit, including Quality Checks for potential improvements and preventive measures.
Ensure timely review, update and improve related work documentation such as process description, work guides, etc. to ensure sustainable knowledge retention and standardization within department.
Continuous self-development through proactive learning and development (70:20:10 approach)
- Bachelor's degree in scientific area, preferably in Chemistry, or related Science discipline
- At least 3-4 years relevant experience in chemical regulation, product regulatory affairs or relevant work experience in Product Safety and Stewardship activities
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Sound knowledge and experience in Asia Pacific countries regulatory requirements, GHS building block and Product Safety/Stewardship framework.
- Proficiency in MS Office is preferred and experience in SAP application is an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Ability in written and spoken Chinese is an advantage.
- Experience in technology or digital related skill or tool is an advantage, e.g. Robotic Process Automation, Power BI, etc.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Details oriented, proactive and able to work independently
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.