About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesPurpose
Group Standard Compliance Performance
- To oversee, support and manage the location Compliance Surveillance team in Kuala Lumpur. Ensure that the team can perform their duties of performing compliance surveillance, to identify and escalate potential compliance risks, according to the governance and processes of the function. As an independent second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance framework through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale, and complexity of the Group&rsquos business
- Overall KL GBS leadership for Compliance Surveillance team including surveillance programs for: MAR, CCIB comms, Information Barriers, Suitability, Voice, manual monitoring and a team of data, reporting and quality controls staff
Business Delivery and Performance
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, and sanctions the Group&rsquos policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters
- Embed &lsquoHere for Good&rsquo and Group&rsquos purpose - Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. Promote a culture of openness, trust, and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm
- Partner with Group Surveillance Product Leads as SME for OTC related surveillance
- Partner with Group Surveillance and work in collaboration to remediate gaps in OTC surveillance and optimise the coverage
- Partner with Group Surveillance, providing governance on both initial or secondary reviews and/or resolve alerts/cases by following the relevant Surveillance (trade, communication and equity aggregation), Monitoring & Conduct Standard Operating Procedure with particular focus on Market Abuse and Inappropriate Client Execution as well as irregular behavior that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues.
- Implement/roll-out Group Surveillance, Monitoring & Conduct processes/SOPs
- Maintain and recommend (for approval by the relevant Risk Committee), processes/SOP to address relevant risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements
- Support the Process Owner for Surveillance, Monitoring & Conduct owned processes under the Group&rsquos Risk Management Framework
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends
People Management & Accountability
- Support all control checks approved by RCSA & be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework
- Analyse significant risk events as defined by RCSA to ensure that all are identified and reported and make risk mitigation recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
Communicate and Collaborate
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct and matrix reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Ensure the respective team is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address compliance risks.
- Ensure staff in the respective team have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
- Monitor team or individual progress and measure delivery to meet performance goals
- Plan and manage staffing levels based on workload
Agility in Strategic Change Management
- Support effective and timely communication along with collaboration cutting through functions and business
- Regular and diarised catch ups with Head and other management members Group Surveillance, Monitoring & Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate8 to 15 years
- Manage and protect business as usual (BAU) capability during change programmes, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase and into BAU.
- Provide subject matter expert advice, guidance, and support to the project managers on managing change
- Ensure that there is adequate support for people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems in Surveillance, Monitoring & Conduct GBS KL team
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
of relevant work experience in the following areas:
training, licenses, memberships, and certifications
- Global Markets trading and/or Communication Surveillance experience
- Managing, leading and inspiring teams of 10+ FTE
- Managing relationships between different stakeholders for example location and global group teams
- Data Analysis skills: able to analyse data trends & independently assimilate, analyse, and evaluate information from large and disperse data sets
- Decision-making: able to independently take appropriate decisions within delegated authority levels
- Communication: able to communicate issues and solutions clearly and concisely
- Banking knowledge: Expert level of Financial Markets products and processes and a broad understanding of wider banking industry, customers, functions, and products
- An understanding of Compliance Processes Operational Risks and controls to manage these
- Process improvement: experience of & aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing) &ndash other languages a bonus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.