About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesBusiness
- Primarily responsible for the stability of the production system. Leadership roles/tasks are expected.
- Participates in the Incident and Problem Management processes as a resolver accountable for root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
- Responsible for knowledge management, ensure that resolution steps, preventive actions etc. are well documented and kept for future reference.
- Responsible for adhering to the established process of Incident, Problem, Change and Release management.
- Responsible to proactively identify the risks in the application and manage the mitigation actions.
- Responsible for managing, tracking and timely closure of risks and other compliance related issues.
- Participate in internal / external risks and responsible for timely closure of audit action items.
- Participate in cross-training and knowledge transfer activities within support teams.
- Resolve technical issues.
- Manage and resolve severity incidents.
- Analyse the issues reported by users and provide solutions. To manage stakeholders accordingly.
- Follow up each issue to closure.
- Take preventive measure to prevent severity incidents.
- Manage inventory records.
- Perform production support activities by providing issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLA, depending on the severity of the issue.
- Resolve issues and maintain updates in Remedy.
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents and maintain repository for future use.
- Coordinate with IT Service Centre for resolution of issues.
- Ensure that back up and disaster recovery plans are executed.
- Coordinate during the SCM process for source management.
- Participating and supporting Disaster Recovery exercise.Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Field of Study Computer Science/Information Technology & related fields
- Certification Bachelor of Science or higher.
- 1. Strong technical knowledge CICS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, JAVA, API and mainframe & midrange development related tools.
- 2. Minimum 6 years of experience in mainframe applications development and/or production supports.
- 3. At least 2 years experience interacting with internal and external users via verbal and written communication.
- 4. Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- 5. Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and analytical in problem resolution.
- 6. Team player, fast learner, self initiative and reliable.
- 7. The position will require candidate to be on standby support for non-office hour online or batch incidents.
Nice to have
- ITIL certifications
- Prior experience in Production Support Services
- Experience in banking domains applications
- JAVA programming language is an added advantage
Visit our careers website