System Analyst 2 (Senior System Administrator)
Location : Kuala Lumpur, Perak
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric
solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced
technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise,
and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global
diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back
to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a
direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in
better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™What success looks like in this role:
- Analyzes and evaluates major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system
- Reviews user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution.
- Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex, multiple inter-linked systems.
- Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems.
- Formulates logical statements of user requirements and develops solutions through application of systems and methods of engineering techniques.
- Reviews alternate approaches and selects appropriate methodology.
- Recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Performs moderately complex systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical maters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides technical consultation to other project teams within the assigned program.
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibility.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Ensures high levels of client satisfaction for the products/solutions supported.
- Addresses all questions regarding the installation, configuration and customization within the areas of domain expertise.
- Responds to Level 2 problems in a timely and accurate manner and ensures that Service Level Agreements are met.
- Processes high levels of expertise on products being supported and is knowledgeable of competitor’s products. May act as a technical and business domain subject matter expert to other groups and to clients. May research and resolve Level 3 support issues as required.
- May work on billable engagements as required to meet current client requirements.
- With minimum oversight, is capable of supervising a team of junior staff. May participate in selling or promoting of additional services.
- Identifies new services opportunities and ensures they are properly followed up to ensure closure.
- Escalates product issues to Unisys Management when support staff is unable to resolve them.
- Identifies documents and estimates (costs/revenue) opportunities for add-on services
- Attempts to reproduce reported problems, identify, and provide immediate workarounds to overcome problems.
- Documents resolutions to reported problems.
- Identifies product and documentation deficiencies and makes suggestions for improvement.
- May analyze and resolve problems escalated from within the organization Works with clients to define requirements for enhancement requests
- Manages the qualification and assessment of client’s expectations.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert in one or part of a CMMi Process Area Applies CMMi compliant best practices and promotes continuous process improvement
- May manage the design and implementation of CMMi-compliant processes and process improvements
- May act as a technical and business domain subject-matter expert to other groups and to clients
- Provides on the job training to junior staff of the Team Acts as a consulting expert to advise on the functional/technical/organizational matters which can impact the work/business processes
- Incumbents may produce the following artifacts:
- Support Requests (Contacts) Problem Reports
- (ClearQuest Defects, UCFs) Change Requests (ClearQuest Feature, New Feature Suggestions) W-Alerts
- Process improvement suggestions and written reports on areas of substantial expertise.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 4-8 years of working experience in systems administration, application support,
- hardware and networking administration will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Windows network and Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows
- Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 & Windows Server 2016).
- End user application support experience with any client server based application running on
- Microsoft SQL server. Hands on working experience on Microsoft SQL 2008/2014.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, SAN Storage & Cloud Deployment would be advantage.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Require to work on shift hours – 2 working shift hours
- Participate in night support and on-call to handle system related issues