About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities &Our Ideal Candidate
- Upholding values of Group at all times.
- Should have strong understanding of OTC Derivatives products mainly Equity like Swaps, Options, Accumulator and Decumulator. Knowledge into ISDA definitions and clauses. Knowledge into MCA and Markitwire will be an added advantage
- Self starter and support in handling BAU.
- Suggest timely update and adherence to DOI, DOA & Process Standards
- Ensure accurate and error free processing & timely escalations of exceptions.
- Identify & Escalate Risk in process and actively participate in mitigation.
- Ensure completion of mandatory activities as per Group Standards.
- Promote a culture of continuous process development in team
- Promote a culture of team work and ensure self & team participation in various initiatives.
- Mentor team members towards superior performance.
- Engage in regular performance & process meetings with team.
- Maintain high level of professionalism for self and team.
- Ensure active participation of self & team in Projects & Process enhancements.
- Maintain excellent relationship with External & Internal Stake holders.
- SCB GBS India Documentation hub supports more than 20 regional offices, covering a large array of Derivatives products ranging from Equity Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives, FX Options, Interest Rate Products and Credit Derivatives. With the visions in acquiring new developing markets and pioneering of new evolving products will transform the business into new heights. The department is currently supported by about 32 staff across Bangalore and Chennai. Similar team in Kuala Lumpur.
- KL Confirmation team would provide coverage and support in documentation, creating load balancing between India and KL.
- Financial Market Operations
People and Talent
- Equity Documentations, (EV)
- Product Knowledge &ndash Advanced
- Process Management &ndash Advanced
- Operations Risk Management - Advanced
- Understand the day to day operations for the various product businesses between Middle Office and Confirmations team. Key deliverables to integrate both teams.
- Delegate workload across both teams efficiently to yield maximum staff capacity.
- Management and co-ordination of Change management for India OTC Derivatives on strategic initiatives, including monthly reporting to key stake holders
- Develop relationships with the various internal stakeholders (for example, Middle Office, Front Office, Legal and Customer Services Groups, Product Enablement (TMG), Settlements and Senior Management in FMO)
- Assist management to develop the growth and development for all the staff
- Continuously creating opportunities/efficiencies on process improvement and professional development within the team and across the bank
- Reconciliation and Exception Queue Management
- Responsible for the execution of accurate and timely reconciliations and break investigations according to the latest approved global, product, and regionally defined procedures.
- Query, Investigation and Escalation Management
- Responsible for the execution of accurate & timely management of queries, investigation and escalation according to the latest approved global, product and regionally defined procedures.
- Applies to all management of all queries, investigations, and escalations.
- Ensure all controls are applied including those defined in the Operational Risk Framework
- Liaison with Internal and External audit
- Manage front to back product oversight across functions as per the Country Support model
- Supporting ad-hoc requests/projects/initiatives, on non-business days inclusive (if necessary)
- Continuous product trainings/ presentations given from Front Office to facilitate greater understanding of the respective businesses and product knowledge
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Customer Service Standards
- Operational Risk Management
- Cost Control
- Audit Grades
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Dealing room/CSG/MO/Risk/Legal/GRU and Other Operations Teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Smooth flow of trades / resolution of issues / finding end to end solution *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.