About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- To perform daily work activities as directed by supervisor
- Processing transactions processed by associates and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority.
- Checking of and/or approving Corporate Actions related instructions against Securities Services systems.
- Assist management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team&rsquos objectives.
- Ensure that the Operational Performance Metric requirement, defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved.
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group
People and Talent
- Processing day to day activities for Corporate Actions in accordance to established procedures
- To perform specific duties as instructed by the team management in accordance to the relevant procedures, guidelines, instructions and standards set in order to meet the productivity and service standards set
- To reply to all enquiries within agreed service standards
- To take proactive actions for continuous improvement in service delivery
- To support the development and enhancement of the Securities Services processing systems to meet countries and business needs and more importantly in meeting the needs of the clients
- Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates
- Support CA Team Leaders and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises
aimed at improving or enhancing the team&rsquos activities
- Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team
- Conforming and adhering to the Department&rsquos risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, Securities Services Policies, etc
- Key Control Standards Assessment and Control Sample Testing within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure strict compliance of Group Sanctions Procedures.
- Ensure strict implementation of Group Policies on KYC, Group Code of Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Standard Chartered GBS Sdn.Bhd /Malaysia/ Securities Services country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Internally, key relationships include:
- Securities Services GBS Malaysia, staffs all level
- Securities Services Operation (SSO) Heads in countries
- Securities Services GBS India and GBS China
- GBS Malaysia internal departments
- Group Operations Securities Services
Externally, key relationships include:
- Prospective clients
- Countries respective Regulator, Depository and Central Bank
- Discussion with application vendor and third party vendor
Our Ideal Candidate
- To act in complete compliance with the Bank&rsquos Data confidentiality policy at all times which also governs sending of data to external parties over email.
- To assist Officers, Managers and Unit Head, Corporate Actions in BAU
- Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years&rsquo relevant experience gained either in banking, treasury or accounting environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.