About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesAcquisition
Achieve the targets set for the team in terms of Revenue, CASA, AUM, WM, Commercial Mortgage (where applicable)
- Work closely with other channels and segment to manage any migrated clients and explore new opportunities.
- Achieve &ldquobest in class productivity of the relationship & sales team.
- Manage costs within budgeted levels.
- Review & Revise relationship profitability's.
- Constantly develop and manage alternate distribution channels for sourcing and referrals and to lead the team to engage client virtually
- Develop and implement Promotions and Below The Line activities in conjunction with the marketing function.
- Achieve the budgeted sales targets.
- Participate in Sales calls with RMs to acquire prospective customers.
- Monitoring performance scorecards for the RMs
- Implement monitoring mechanisms to measure the productivity of each relationship & sales staff.
- Grow CASA/TD, Asset Footing (lending products), AUM, WM Products
- Monitor the quality of sourcing of products to evaluate developmental needs of the sales teams.
- Drive the relationship & sales system towards quality standards where risks are well controlled.
- Derive insights to Competitor Sales activities and effectively counter the efforts.
- Continuously provide feedback to the GM, Business Banking & Product Manager of the acceptance of the products & processes in the market and suggested changes that could provide impetus to the sales efforts.
- Monitor the depth of all relationships acquired. Achieve the maximum &ldquoshare of wallet for each customer acquired by the sales team.
- Continuously upgrade and innovate sales techniques to maximize productivity.
- Set business performance standards for Acquisition, Relationship Management & Cross Sell
- Monitor Operational Risk Management of unit & compliance with process & regulatory reporting.
- Lead the team towards the Bank&rsquos Digital Agenda
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Manage, Motivate, Mentor and develop the team.
- Development and counselling needs for staff.
- Lead a team of Relationship Managers (including recruiting, motivating and coaching employees to deliver goals)
- Increase Relationship Manager team performance in terms of overall profitability and strategic fit
- Provide clarity to team on what excellence means for their roles
- Strong individual engagement with team members
- Successfully develop and retain talented individuals
- Attrition level lower through peer group through tight management
- Coach and provide technical guidance to individual team members agreed
- Is sought out by others as a technical expert and conveys experience appropriately to the audience
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relevant undergraduate degree, ideally with minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking or Financial Services industry with leadership position for at least 1 year
- Ability to read and write in English
- Good understanding of Companies Act and basic understanding of Cash Management and Trade Working Capital (optional)
- Able to work under broad direction but is a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate strong sense of initiative with the ability to work independently and as a team player has technical responsibility and accountability for work performed and decisions taken
- Possess effective interpersonal communication, emotional intelligence, and collaboration skills.
- Results-oriented, target driven and able to work under stress
- Able to leads a team and drive them towards the organisational direction and goals
- Establish sufficient experience in balancing between sales target and prioritising compliance and regulatory framework
- This role requires travelling
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.