Job Description :
TELSTRA SUCCESS PROFILEAreaWork code
International Service Centre Lead or Team Member
3ii Generic Role Title
Technical OperativeReporting To
Senior Technical SME Market Role Title
Technical ConsultantRole purpose
To assist in the delivery of advanced technical services, solutions and support to the networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services supplied and operated by TelstraHow the role contributes to business strategy
Improvement of customer service experienceThe measurable deliverables and outcomes of this role
Increase in customer service levels, high performing team, timely resolution of customer complaints
Meet customer SLA, reduce MTTR, increase NPS, reduction in customer escalations Role Context and overview
Key Responsibilities, Accountability Metrics, Decision RightsKey Responsibilities
Key Accountability MetricsKey Decision Rights
- Day to day running incident management with consistency, improve customer advocacy, efficiency of the overall 24x7 shift operations.
- Contribute to Key Performance Indicators in relation to performance of the networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services supplied and operated by Telstra
- Under the general guidance and direction of more senior technical staff, deliver technical support in relation to a range of complex products and services, network and infrastructure elements
- Work within a defined set of relevant product / network procedures, standards and practices
- Deliver outcomes by implementing a course of action identified from a general range of solutions
- Assist in providing technical support in the investigation and rectification of complex incidents
- Regular updates to customers with good English and email communications to narrate the faults into simpler language.
- Require to work shifts, 24x7 Operations.
Key Relationships/ InterdependenciesInternal
What key internal relationships would someone in this role need to build and manage in order to achieve the outcomes of the role
Service Delivery, Service Management, ITIL Direct, NOC teamsExternal
What key relationships would someone in this role need to build and manage in order to achieve the outcomes of the role
Customers, Telstra Vendors and Suppliers
Leadership capabilitiesSkill/Technical Expertise Proficiency
- Takes specific action with the intent to please the customer
- Keeps the customer's interests at the heart of decisions and actions
- Contributes to business improvements to benefit the customer
- Responds to customer requests/problems immediately
Strategic Leadership Drive Strategy and Innovation
- Challenges others thinking
- Encourages people to share new and innovative ideas
- Comes up with creative ideas and solutions
- Encourages people to challenge the way things are done and streamline processes
- Takes action to overcome current issues, problems, obstacles and barriers to success
Strategic Leadership Build Engagement & Understanding
- Encourages and motivates people to support the future direction
- Makes the complex simple to understand for others
- Role models adaptability
- Helps people find their courage to accept and work through change
Results Leadership Collaborate & Connect
- Works openly and inclusively with others
- Taps into key relationships within the team to deliver results
- Demonstrates an ability to understand others perspectives
- Aligns own team's objectives with other teams objectives to achieve common goals
Results Leadership Translate Strategy into Action
- Encourages people to strive for outstanding results
- Solves problems in a timely and effective way
- Overcomes challenges and roadblocks in a timely way
- Is able to adapt when required
- Sets clear goals and expectations for self and others (where applicable)
Personal Leadership Develop Self Awareness & Leadership Authenticity
- Demonstrates openness with others
- Demonstrates knowledge of own key strengths and development areas
- Open to positive and constructive feedback
- Able to adjust behaviour to work effectively with different people and environments
- Maintains a positive outlook in challenging situations
Personal Leadership Develop Talent & Capability
- Knows what drives the team
- Provides feedback on people's strengths and areas for development
- Provides encouragement and support to build people's confidence and capability
- Draws on people's diverse skills and experience effectively
- Picks up signals when others are not feeling comfortable and displays consideration
Key Skills/Technical ExpertiseSkill/Technical Expertise Proficiency
Ability to work in a team with little supervision and using own initiative. Show a flexible approach to work and able to work under pressure.
Team player, dynamic and self-motivated, a professional with excellent interpersonal, communication
- Solid Understanding of Network operations (WAN, LAN) with experience with other common Internet Protocols & Technologies; OSI Layers, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet, SSH and NNTP - ADSL, IPVPN, Ethernet, SDH, IPL, VoIP, CUCDM, Internet, Cloud, Security, Contact Centre Solutions, SDWAN, Microsoft etc
Punctual and reliable with good timekeeping as per shift time scheduled
Able to multi task and provide end of end ownership of the incidents.
Sensitize to customers concerns and have the sense of urgency to facilitate troubleshooting, fast track resolution on conference bridge with resolvers and customers.
- Good Hands-On knowledge of Network operations WAN, LAN, Hub & Spoke Design and had relevant technical experiences with other common Internet Protocols & Technologies; HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet, SSH and NNTP - ADSL, IPVPN and Transmission knowledge on Ethernet, SDH and IPL technologies.
- Good Knowledge on other technologies, such as Security- DMVPN, Cloud-IBM, Amazon and Microsoft, Video Conferencing, Voice over IP, CUCDM and UCC contact centre solution as a plus.
Be Customer focus and ability to build relationships with customers.
- Activate on-site repair with part recommendation or trigger replacement in event of genuine hardware failure by working with Local Loop Provider, Hardware vendor and NOC team
Proactive and a can do attitude to contribute to team work and operational improvements.
- Lead conference calls to provide technical expertise and insights to drive incidents with clear resolution in sight as priority.
Ownership of Incidents till resolution with decision making capabilities (as required)
- Working experience in troubleshooting & configurations of CISCO hardware
Fluent in English plus one other language (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) is desirable but not essential
- Great exposure and experience on Cisco and Juniper is preferred
- Excellent problems solving of moderate complexity and good knowledge on the OSI 7 Layers.
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships and some experience in a specialist field of IP, Transmission, Cloud, Security etc.
- Experience of first line maintenance and alarm monitoring for network devices such as Cisco, Juniper and Foundry devices.
- Good Hands On Experience of technologies and protocols such as Ethernet, MPLS, ADSL, SDH, VoIP and layer 3 protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF.
- Good understanding of incident and jeopardy management to work with relevant teams during Major outages for restoration and provide updates to customers appropriately and regularly.
- Ability to use Methodology to troubleshoot the above technologies effectively and understanding of troubleshooting commands required to do so.
- Exposure & Trained on Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching/Security, Juniper, ITIL Foundation as minimum standard as minimum. CISSP, CCNP are preferred.
- At least 2-4 years experience working in senior Technical Support or network operations centre environment
One foreign language (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean)