Why work at Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered believe that every one of their colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering their purpose – Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. They all feel strongly about living their valued behaviours – Never settle, Doing the right thing, and Better together and their culture makes this organisation special. Standard Chartered Bank have always sought continuously to improve, to challenge themselves and to drive change within the industry, the world we live in, and with themselves to live up to their brand promise - to be Here for good.
The success of the Bank and the achievement of their business strategy hinges on the way they invest in, manage and organise their people, the employee experience they create and the culture they build. Standard Chartered are building a future ready workforce enabled by digital skills, organisational adaptability and leadership at every level. They are committed to creating an inclusive and flexible environment where their diverse talent feels able and inspired to make a meaningful contribution to the prosperity of our clients.
. Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgment.
2. Manage the cost budget allocated to the dept in a prudent manner to facilitate the achievement of its objectives by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
3. Manage the operational risk of the dept to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
4. Ensure that all staff in the dept continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised by individual and team members on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates
5. Build a performance-driven team by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the dept’s and individual performance against these objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
6. Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the dept to measure the qualitative performance of the dept/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a Service Excellence culture among the team members.
7. Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
8. Facilitate the forging of a close working relationship between staff in the dept and Spoke countries to achieve synergy, effectiveness and efficiency that will result in improved level of overall service to the ultimate customers.
9. Responsible for succession planning for key positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the dept.
10. Responsible in ensuring that the business managed/supported meets its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group’s Policy & Standards and under local laws and regulations
11. Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
12. Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
13. Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
14. Comply with Group/ Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures
15. Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions including transactions having Red-Flag alerts to AML approvers.
To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience while handling such transactions.
Wherever complexity exists in the transaction, conduct review to ascertain whether the transaction has any Money Laundering aspects and escalate to AML advisors